Monday, February 27, 2012

A busy week for me and Chicken Tips

I really really really don't like to use my blog as a platform to complain (that's why I am hardly ever on facebook).  And I really don't want to complain.  More like, explain why I am not posting everyday right now.  Which, I know, is a ridiculous expectation that I put on myself.  I get that.  And I don't like how it feels to be under (my own) pressure to crank out an awesome tutorial or awesome post  SO I am just not going to put that pressure on myself.  At least at the moment.  I have too much going on at home- with my kids and family- that require my attention.  In fact as I type this I am being badgered by my husband to review some movies that our daughter has been watching in school and says "scare" her.  This is important.  My Stella's birthday is this week, also important.  My sleep is important.  Showing you the adorable shoes that Stella and I glittered up this weekend- well, important but it can wait.  Yes?  Today, I had great plans to go shopping for birthday presents but my oldest son needed to come home from school sick just as I was halfway to the store.  Big wrench in my plans.  So I had to go tonight, flying out the door after dinner.  Not ideal.

What I did get done today was some cleaning and I cut up about 10 lbs of chicken!  I hate cutting up chicken.  It is disgusting to me.  But it is a huge time saver and money saver so I have to do it.

It took only took about 30 minutes to cut up all this chicken.  (plus about 5 min to set up and 5-10 to label bags and clean/disinfect everything).  I put about 3 pieces of chicken in a bag.  Today I got 7 bags/meals from the 10 pounds- just depends on what I plan to make.  Here's my tutorial on chicken.

 In about 30 minutes...it all looks like this!


I flatten out the bags so they defrost quicker and stack nicely in the freezer.  Ten pounds...cleaned and trimmed...cut into different size pieces...easy to pull out of the freezer...ready to cook in the coming weeks.

5 comments:

  1. I had a day like that yesterday. There must be something in the air.

    I know what you mean about chicken. I buy it in bulk too and chop it up. I use a cryovac machine for mine. It's the best thing I've ever bought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleh, I hate cutting chicken too...for the same reasons. I'm paranoid about getting sick...which has happened to me at other people's homes, ick. I buy it frozen in bulk. I admire you for taking on that task :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the painted shoes!! I have awarded you teh Sunshine Award!!
    http://www.randeesorganizedchaos.com/2012/02/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tinta Ridge Mountain Bike Rentals | Tinta Ridge
    Tinta titanium nail Ridge Mountain Bike Rentals in Tinta Ridge. With titanium legs free shipping and our flexible promotional 2020 ford edge titanium for sale offers, you citizen eco drive titanium watch can start planning and planning your titanium engagement rings next

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...