A few months back I showed how I made a binder to get my paper clutter and my mental clutter under control. Well four months later, it is still working! (miracle!)
One section in my binder is for coupons. Now- I am not any kind of extreme couponer NOR do I know much about them. I DO know that you save money if you use them. And I like to use them! Always have. Even when I was just a single gal and coupons weren't "cool". I don't have a ton coupons, so this binder page works perfectly for the coupons that I use.
Since we are all still in "new year's resolution mode" and still cleaning and organizing, I wanted to share this little coupon holder that I made for my binder.
|Left page has 6-pockets & Right page has 4-pockets. You can use front and back of each page!|
To make this, you will need:
1. Put your cardstock in the document protector.
I like to make light pencil marks on the center lines (horiz and vert) before putting it in the sheet protector.
2. Sew a zig-zag stitch down the middle- right through the protector!. (I used an old needle for this, then threw it away.) Remember to backtack at the ends.
3. Sew a zig-zag stitch across the page.
For the 4-pocket one, you will want to sew *just slightly* above the center.
For the 6-pocket one, mark it horizontally by thirds and sew across your marks.
4. Optional, sew across the top of the page too for added stability when using the pockets.
5. CAREFULLY, seam-ripper below your horizontal stitch lines. Slit the plastic on each pocket individually- don't cut across your stitching. You have pockets on the back, too!
If you need to make custom pockets to fit your coupons, use whatever size you need.
I got this idea when I saw a lady at the grocery store a coupon binder and she used baseball card holders for her coupons! Genius! But I didn't want to buy the baseball card sheets (cheap-o me) and I had document protectors already (use what you've got, right?). Now, I can't help you with how to organize your coupons- that is not my area of expertise. The only thing I am doing, is separating out the ones that are store-specific (Target, commissary). This makes it easy to find my store-only coupons.
Was this helpful? I would love to hear from you...leave me a comment so I know you were here!
I will reply back, too! SO PLEASE have your email address in your profile or my reply just goes into outerspace...boohoo.