Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Need a new door decoration...

I know July is over.
..What should I do with my door?...
Soooooo, I have had this paper creation up on my door since July 4th. And I know I should take it down. But I feel like I should put something up in its place. I really, really like this accordion folded creation. I love driving up to my house and seeing this big 'ol paper thing in my door. It sets me apart in a neighborhood that is a tad cookie cutter. Don't get me wrong, I really like my neighborhood.  It's just that the houses look so so similar.  I have been known to drive past my own house or pull into a driveway several houses down without even realizing it. Ok, maybe that says more about my brain than my street.

I suppose what is best is to just remove it, since it is not July 4th. Or even July. Maybe a blank door is better. I just realized, this is like keeping your Christmas lights up all year! Ok. Got it. Paper accordion thing...you are gone.

But now what?


(and today is the first day of school...I am full of mixed feelings today.  Yesterday I felt like I was anticipating a funeral!  What is wrong with me!  Don't worry, I have only had a happy face and encouragement for my two nervous students.  I will let you know how the first day goes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...