Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Headband Holder for ME!

Oh, I just HAD to!


I made one of these for my daughter last week.  Here for the tutorial.  Hers cost $1. Mine was about ten. Oopsy. It was the spray paint!  If only I had some leftover from another spray-painting craft- then it would have only been $2. (Because I broke the first paper towel holder by bending it the wrong way. awesome.)  This is hers:

My cabinet door was not as wide as the one in my kids' bathroom. So I just mounted the paper towel holder vertically! Voila!

So I learned something about spray paint through this project. Wanna know?


Apparently, maybe you already know, they make a Primer Spray Paint for Plastics. Yes. So you spray this primer on your plastic item. Let it dry. Then you can paint it with WHATEVER spray paint color you want. The regular stuff, too. I figured this out because I was very disappointed after not being able to find "cool colors" of the spray paint made for plastic. I was this close to just leaving mine white, but then I found everything at Home Depot (when shopping for a ceiling fan).

Do you love this color?   I love it!  It's called lagoon.  And for a couple of days now, I have had a lagoon colored thumb, too.

I also added a band for clips around the top of the holder. I have only a couple of clips so this will be perfect for me.  I grabbed some ribbon I already had and hot glued it onto the holder in two spots. I marked the glued spot in front with a small flower so I know where I can't fit a clip. The clips slide under the band between the flowers.   Here it is fully loaded.


It is possible that I will redo this one day with a fatter paper towel roll.  A couple of my head bands didn't grip as well on this one.  Or I will get a smaller head.

Hope you are inspired! Linking here: PhotobucketTodays Creative Blog Tip Junkie handmade projects NightOwlCrafting Somewhat SimplePhotobucketA Crafty Soiree ThriftyThurs Thrifty Thursday Week 34 36th Avenue

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! And I often walk around with painted thumbs, too! :) Thanks so much for linking to Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and had no idea about the primer! Thank you for sharing and linking to It's a Party! I can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm so excited that my girls headbands won't be all over anymore! Nice addition to yours with the ribbon for holding clips! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...