Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Party Favors: A Crafty Treat Bag

I thought I would do one last post about Stella's 5th birthday.  'Cuz these little party favors were pretty neat!

Each partygoer got a treat bag that had a pack of fruit chews, some M&M cookies and a blank canvas & bag of craft supplies.

I bought the 4x4 canvases from Michael's in a 9-pack with my 40% coupon (twice!  I needed two packs).  That made each canvas about $1.33 each.  Then the craft supplies, well, it was part Wal-Mart craft aisle and part Kate's de-stash!  

There were sequins, beads, feathers, papers, ribbons, gems, buttons, felt, and a glue stick.

I printed a little note for each bag.



I thought this party favor was quite representative of Stella, my crafter.  And then by giving the kids the canvases, I thought they might have a chance of staying out of the garbage can at least a little longer than the typical party favor.  

Pin It
Linking Up Here:

9 comments:

  1. That's adorable. Did you make up the poem? Very very clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I wasn't planning on a poem- just a a note. But as I started typing it just started rhyming and so I went with it.

      Delete
  2. Handmade clothes, accessories, and home decors always manage to stand out the crowd of thousands of conventional beautiful things that your sight can catch. Talking about Saga World Dubai, it is a hub of world class handicraft and that too which are unique and antique in nature. Bring home the best variety of some awesomely hand woven material that will make your peers envy your style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I just get spammed here? I don't understand.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the idea of the little crafts in the goodie bag! I would have loved this as a kid (and still now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable. I love unique favors, because as you said, a lot of them DO end up in the trash and that's no fun. Adding a canvas was such an adorable idea...and love the poem.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute! I love it! What a sweet little poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun party favor, I love how it's an activity and not a little piece of plastic junk that will break in a day or two! Thank you for linking up to A Crafty Soiree. I've featured your link in this week's new one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great!
    This article is amazing as it helps me to get the sort of information that i needed. I am thankful as i got your article when was searching party favors

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...