Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Liebster Award? for me? That's Right!!

So.  Today, I am just doing the usual stuff...minding my own business...and I get this email.  From this gal.  Michele. Over at The Domesticated Mama.  And you will not believe what she said...Here, she was so incredibly kind to nominate my blog as an "up and coming blog" and awarded me with the Liebster Award.  I *heart* you too, Michele!

So honestly, I was a bit nervous.  I mean, Liebster- what is that?  So I googled it.  Yahoo-ed it, actually.  Could not find an origin for this.  I started to wonder if this was a joke.  But I found pages and pages of blogs that have received this award too.  And in turn, those bloggers nominate more bloggers for this award.  That's how it works.

So, in my translation, the Liebster Blog Award is simply a Share the Love Award!!

Who doesn't love "love"?  Well I do.  And it is so funny, this blogging thing.  Each time I have a day where I just think:
"I am typing an typing and I don't know if anyone is reading.  I am linking and linking and I am not even sure if anyone is really interested in what I am making.  I stay up late sometimes editing pictures and posts - for what?"  
... and not just anytime, but everytime I have a day like that I get some kind of reaffirmation the very.next.day.  It is that nudge that keeps me going.  It is the connections that I have made via blogging and commenting and featuring that am so grateful for.  My goal here is simple:  keep a blog to log my crafts, share ideas, and vent if I want to.  It's not my job.  I have a family.  My kids are busy.  I like my sleep.

Sorry to get a tad serious but it's true.  It was nice to get some positive words after my 2 hour trip to the grocery store today!  Not because I was buying so much food.  Nope.  My newly potty-trained 2yr old always has to pee!  He "need go potty" every other aisle, I think.  I even cut his drinking off an hour before today.  Oh well.  It's better than diapers...

Tomorrow I will nominate my Liebster Award Winners.  It is after 10pm as I write this.  And remember that part, where I like my sleep?  Well that's where I am headed now : )

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Kate
    Congratulations! I always enjoy stopping by and reading your post and its a great thing. Enjoy your reward and have a great day!

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Share this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...