Maybe you already knew that and you came back today to see what else I came up with.
Well here is variation #1.
...Father's Day is June 19th!...
What I did:
- used a leather elbow patch (found in notions section of fabric store)
- freezer paper stenciled on the patch with fabric paint
- hand stitched the patch to the towel with upholstery thread.
- hand stitched green embroidery floss around edges- every two holes
- added a grommet to the top corner instead of the middle of the towel
Notes: The elbow patch was a complete experiment, but I love the way it turned out. It was easy to sew on because it has pre-punched holes all around it. On my patches, it seemed that one side had more obvious holes than the other. That would be the front where you will stencil; this makes it way easier to sew on when you can see the holes! And I used 3 strands of green floss. Besides drying time for the paint...this is super quick!
Here's a sneak peek at the rest! Come back tomorrow- I will be featuring another one of these Father's Day Grillin' towels!