Another Grill Towel for Dear 'Ol...
...Have you see the other 4 grill towels I posted earlier this week?...Now this one, I was CRAZY about! I love it! It was actually the first one I made. But it was not as much my husband's taste. And I really thought I had nailed it. He said this one was a bit too colorful. Really? What I think, is that to him, the blue and orange are team colors of a sports team or something. He thinks in sports.
An extreme close up:
Here is how I made it:
- followed the basic tutorial from Monday
- orange single fold bias tape
- appliqued "d-a-d" from an old orange t-shirt
- I used an iron-on interfacing to the t-shirt fabric to make it stiffer to work with
- attached it to the plaid fabric band before sewing the plaid fabric on
- attached letters with HeatNBond and then followed with machine stitching
- no grommet because it already had a loop on the corner for hanging (see below)
You could make a pair of these this weekend! But which one?
Black with argyle
Brown with leather patch
Blue with blue oxford
Red with monogram
or today's, Blue with plaid and orange
I would love to know....which one is your favorite?
Linking up here: